Hello eceryone.

Interest group for crabbers and prawners alike.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Feverence
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Hello eceryone.

Post by Feverence »

I would like to get myself a prawning rob. Any recommend ? And how long the line I need?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Hello eceryone.

Post by Peace »

I hardly do much prawning but I've seen people adjusting the length between the float and hook to be the depth of the pond depth plus a few cm or so. They usually dip the butt of the rod into the pond to gauge the depth. The entire length of line typically is the length of the rod so you can comfortable grab the prawn after you've landed it and also easy on re-baiting.

I'm not too sure on the recommendations on a prawn rod though, usually the house rods are good enough for me. :)

Welcome to HLF, Feverence. :)

Feverence
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Hello eceryone.

Post by Feverence »

Hi thanks (: I would really like to get my house a rod man. But crack head what to buy, like rod line? What is the standard line? Hais. Been seaching here and there for info. But couldn't get

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Hello eceryone.

Post by Oinkie »

Feverence wrote:Hi thanks (: I would really like to get my house a rod man. But crack head what to buy, like rod line? What is the standard line? Hais. Been seaching here and there for info. But couldn't get
You can try talking to fishing buddy in Toa payoh they should be able to advise you according. Had seen them advise customers on prawning setup. Cheers

Feverence
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Hello eceryone.

Post by Feverence »

Noted thanks for the info (:

law
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Crabbing

Re: Hello eceryone.

Post by law »

i thought daryl's post in the previous thread was very helpful in terms of what size hooks and strings and all that. read it here in case you haven't read it! <viewtopic.php?f=29&t=380&start=15>