Fishing Set

Post here if you're looking to buy used tackles.
Charles96
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Fishing Set

Post by Charles96 »

Hi Guys, its me again (: its been quite some time
I'm interested in buying any set thats good for fishing at bedok jetty (: target species: grouper
I'm also looking for a decent jigging setup willing to pay up to 130 for a set that targets grouper and about 100 for a jigging set up
i need one that suits a beginner and not too complex to 'operate' i've done some jigging for quite some time and my rod is starting to wear down ):
Thanks for taking your time to view this.

you could contact me here or at
charlesddrdestiny@gmail.com
Thanks again

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Re: Fishing Set

Post by limfish »

Okay abt the groupers:they are bottom dwelling fishes and live in rocky habitats which means(u are fishing at the BJT right?),rod will not be *** effective as stopping the grouper.Using a large wooden handline with 100LBS
line would be more effective in stopping the grouper.
Jigging is mostly done at more "deeper" waters and i think BJT mabye a bit to shallow although u can try to cast your jig and then let it sink before reeling the jig in.If its a 60g jig then it shld be perfect in targeting pelagics while the 100g ones are less suited for that.You can try to place strips of bait onto the hook then drag it across the seafloor in hopes of a stingray.
Good luck. :D
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

Limfish i think u are giving off wrong info again.. r u sure when fishing for grouper handline is the only method to yank the grouper up? I dun think so by using a stiffer rod and about 30-40 lbs main line u would be no problem.about the jig at the bottom with bait.. i never heard of this method it would be fre8 if u share it... and dragging it at the seabed wont it get snagged? jus my 2 cents ~

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

limfish wrote:Okay abt the groupers:they are bottom dwelling fishes and live in rocky habitats which means(u are fishing at the BJT right?),rod will not be *** effective as stopping the grouper.Using a large wooden handline with 100LBS
line would be more effective in stopping the grouper.
Jigging is mostly done at more "deeper" waters and i think BJT maybe a bit to shallow although u can try to cast your jig and then let it sink before reeling the jig in.If its a 60g jig then it should be perfect in targeting pelagic while the 100g ones are less suited for that.You can try to place strips of bait onto the hook then drag it across the sea floor in hopes of a stingray.
Good luck. :D

by comparing a fish rod vs a handline of 100lbs line. i would think handline is more effective too. fish rod might break in an attempt to yank a big grouper from a jetty. but handline? if line snapped, the damage is lesser. :D

jigging, never say never. be it deeper water or bedok jetty depth, there's always a good chance of landing a creep :lol: as for what jig size to use, its a matter of jig's weight vs rod's lure strength. you use light jigs, vs the current it may never reach the intended depth. you use any size too heavy, it would be tiring jigging it with a distance.

personally i do not think sting ray hunt with their sight rather they are like vacuum cleaner. sucking and filtering behind food, eating up with its jaws. but again, never say never . . . :lol:
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???