Vist to the Market

Off Topic. Place for small talk, sharing a few laughs and organizing fishing trips. Topics will be selectively pruned.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Lure fish,Handline,inshore

Vist to the Market

Post by GTonSteriods »

Went to the market this morning (Didn't brought my phone along) ,so i went to some seafood stalls to look some fresh seafood , Saw fishes like Dorab-wolf Herring ,medium size Golden Trevally , Chermins , some promfrets ,groupers and also cuts of rays. Didn't find any fishes like Queenies or others fishes like batfish . Anyone know which market sells Queenies or anyother fishes ?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Vist to the Market

Post by Peace »

My guess it could be due to demand. Not many people will buy queenfish, especially Chinese. And it's also probably due to how and where the fishes are commonly caught, ie. would be less likely to get them on bottom trawling. You can pay a visit to the fishery ports to see more variety of fishes. Even so, some wet market sources come from local fishermen. If you see particularly smaller fishes like spanish flag snappers, tuskfish, rabbitfishes, seaperch, etc. Those are likely caught on bubu traps in local waters.

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by GTonSteriods »

Wah fishery ports.Nearest for me is JFP (Jurong fishery port) but seen a blog , they seems to only operate during the wee hours and up to my suprise i saw sharks

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Yes, you need to visit there really early like 3am when the fishes arrive.

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

Yes, queenfish is not commonly stocked for some reasons. I seen salted queenfish in malaysia. Other fishes in the markets are...farmed salmon, treadfin salmon, baramundi,snappers, tilapia, snakehead, marbled goby, kuning fish, ...actually a lot of fishes.

GTonSteriods
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by GTonSteriods »

Soon hock i don't see in market , i'm looking for tambans in wet markets but can't seem to find them , only see kuning,selar