Screaming Low Profile Reel.

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Screaming Low Profile Reel.

Post by Kishore »

Gents,
I am looking for a low profile reel that screams when the drag brakes goes out.
So far every LP reel i looked at are silent.If somebody can tell me which brand of
LP reel have that feature,i would be really grateful.
Kishore

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Screaming Low Profile Reel.

Post by Peace »

I have little experience with low profiles, but may I know what's the reason you want the loud sound for? Is it for bite detection or just the thrill of sound of line going out like spinning does? I think it's going to be a hard search.

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:I have little experience with low profiles, but may I know what's the reason you want the loud sound for? Is it for bite detection or just the thrill of sound of line going out like spinning does? I think it's going to be a hard search.

Peace,
I like to hear the sound when the fish bites and pulls the line against the drag brakes.
Without that sound fighting a fish is very silent.
Kishore

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D

Post by patrick2405 »

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Every baitcasters will give off sound when the line starts peeling out, but they're never quite like spinning's clicking sound which I think sounds a lot more exciting. Sorry I can't be of much help. :p

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Every baitcasters will give off sound when the line starts peeling out, but they're never quite like spinning's clicking sound which I think sounds a lot more exciting. Sorry I can't be of much help. :p
Please correct me if i am wrong.
Whenever you fight a fish,you want the fish to run out against the drag brakes.
If the fish runs out and your reel pays out silently,what is the use of fishing?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Well, that depends on how you define good fishing. There's a whole lot more than just a screaming reel that makes up good fishing, at least for me. I love fishing with handline and the absence of reel clicking sound doesn't make it any less exciting, infact the line running through your fingers are actually more heart pounding. :D

Regardless, all baitcasters have audible sound when line runs out under considerable speed and drag pressure. Just not very loud.

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

Peace wrote:Regardless, all baitcasters have audible sound when line runs out under considerable speed and drag pressure. Just not very loud.
For Eg, U can look at the youtube video posted by patrick2405's from duration (0.58-1.01). U could hear a little screaming sound, are you referring to that sound ? or do you prefer the noisy drag sound that clicker gives? :(
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Vidic wrote:
Peace wrote:Regardless, all baitcasters have audible sound when line runs out under considerable speed and drag pressure. Just not very loud.
For Eg, U can look at the youtube video posted by patrick2405's from duration (0.58-1.01). U could hear a little screaming sound, are you referring to that sound ? or do you prefer the noisy drag sound that clicker gives? :(
I think there is a misunderstanding in which sound i am talking about.
On a spinning reel,if you just pull the line out from the spool with your hands and with the bail closed,
you will hear a sound.That is the sound i am referring to.
On a LP reel,if you pull the line out with your hands from the spool it is very silent.
When you fight a fish on a LP reel and when the fish pulls against the drag brakes,the reel will pay out silently.
I am looking for a LP reel that makes the same kind of sound as a spinning reel when the fish pulls against the drag brakes.

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

So far from what i know, yes there is no LP reel that causes sound when line is pulled out(less on high drag). I'll update here if i found one :p
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Vidic wrote:So far from what i know, yes there is no LP reel that causes sound when line is pulled out(less on high drag). I'll update here if i found one :p

Good on you Mate,
Waiting anxiously for your update.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

What we've been explaining here is what Vidic has noted which is also what you've been asking. There's probably a good reason why tackle makers didn't want to engineer a line clicker into overhead reels. There's a difference in design, spinning has a fixed spool while overhead requires the spool to spin as freely as possible for casting. Adding clicker to a spinning reel is pretty straightforward but not for an overhead. To make it work like a spinning clicker could possibly affect the reel's performance or increase its cost due to design complexity.

The closest you get is a reel with line-out alarm clicker, it can be very loud but it will also click when you wind. I'm not well versed in tackle libraries, maybe someone can share with us if they come across such a baitcasting reel.

guitalk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: lure fishing

Post by guitalk »

Kishore wrote:Gents,
So far every LP reel i looked at are silent.If somebody can tell me which brand of
Kishore
Hi if this is what u r lookin for in a low profile reel that has a on/off line out alarm clicker, its the Abu Revo Toro series
which i used to have but sold away :) http://www.tackletour.com/reviewabugarciarevotoro.html

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

guitalk wrote:
Kishore wrote:Gents,
Kishore
Hi if this is what u r lookin for in a low profile reel that has a on/off line out alarm clicker, its the Abu Revo Toro series
which i used to have but sold away :) http://www.tackletour.com/reviewabugarciarevotoro.html
Guitalk,
Sorry,that is not what i am after.On the Abu Revo Toro,as long as the line pays out,there will be a
Clicking sound if the clicker is set @ ON position.When the clicker is set @ OFF position,no clicking sound on line
pay-out.I am looking for a Low Profile Reel that pays out silently and only hear a clicking sound when the fish
pulls against the drag brakes,like how you will hear on a spinning reel.
Kishore

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

Kishore wrote:
Peace wrote:Every baitcasters will give off sound when the line starts peeling out, but they're never quite like spinning's clicking sound which I think sounds a lot more exciting. Sorry I can't be of much help. :p
Please correct me if i am wrong.
Whenever you fight a fish,you want the fish to run out against the drag brakes.
If the fish runs out and your reel pays out silently,what is the use of fishing?

spinning's clicker is one of the reason why i stick to spinning reel. i myself have not come across any LPBC that makes nice clicker noise like a spinning.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???